Albert Gurevich, Esq. is a New York City estate attorney who dominates in the estate law field, a lawyer who can help you pursue an estate lawsuit, defend an estate lawsuit, probate an estate or set up an estate plan.
Our law firm has helped hundreds of people achieve their legal goals and secured millions of dollars for our clients.
Using our knowledge of New York City Surrogate’s Courts and our extensive experience, we craft subtle and insightful legal solutions, with winning results.
We provide exceptional legal representation and counsel for every New York City estate matter that comes through our law firm, no matter how difficult.
If you would like a free case evaluation, you can call us at (212) 233-1233.
Here is a quick overview of the estate legal matters with which we can assist:
Many Executors and Trustees feel like they have a target on their back. Accused of misconduct? The Will being challenged? Fight back. We defend. This is what executors usually ask us (click for the answers):
- How do I defend a New York Will challenge?
- What do I do if I am sued for supposedly taking advantage of an estate?
- How do I defend an attempt to cancel a gift made to me before death?
- What if the beneficiaries are trying to take away my share in a business I had with the person who died?
- How do I defend a beneficiary designation when someone is challenging it?
- What do I do if they are trying to remove me as executor or trustee?
- How do I satisfy a spousal elective share claim for a reasonable and not overstated amount?
Do you suspect that you are getting short-changed on your rightful inheritance? Have a feeling that the estate is being mishandled? We are here to enforce your rights and will do our absolute best to win your case. We litigate against executors and estates. This is what beneficiaries usually ask us (click for the answers):
- How do I win a New York Will contest?
- How can I remedy stealing from the estate?
- When can an estate executor be removed?
- How can I check if the executor is doing their job?
- How do I resolve an estate disagreement?
- Can a spouse claim against an estate?
- How is kinship resolved?
- What are good grounds for voiding a trust?
- How do I deal with an unclear Will or Trust?
We help administrators and executors close out and settle New York estates in administration and probate proceedings. Our knowledge of the court system allows us to close and settle matters in New York Surrogate’s Court without unneeded expenses and delays. This is what people usually ask about probate (click for the answers):
- How does NYC probate work?
- What is the timeline for NYC probate?
- What if there is property in more than one State?
- What do I need to do when someone dies?
- More detailed FAQ
We recommend wills for younger clients and trusts for middle-aged and older clients. Wills are great because they are relatively quick and easy to make. Trusts have some benefits, such as protecting the inheritance from the recipients’ spouses and creditors, save money on estate taxes and avoid the asset freeze that happens when a court is involved in an estate. Trusts also add limitations, and as such, should be used carefully. This is what members of the NYC community ask us about estate planning (click for the answers):
- How do I make sure my will is not going to be voided?
- How do I save on estate taxes?
- What are the benefits of an attorney-drafted will?
- What are the benefits of a trust?
- How do I plan for a disabled child?
- How do I plan for my own disability?
- What are some of the advanced estate plans?
We know New York courts, and our goal has always been to put you ahead of your opponents. In proceedings as diverse as will contests, contested accountings and removing a fiduciary, Albert Gurevich is a New York estate attorney who is ready to bring out your best interest in estate litigation, administration and planning.
Albert Gurevich is an experienced New York estate attorney who has successfully represented clients all over New York City, including New York County (Manhattan), Kings County (Brooklyn), Bronx County, Queens County, Richmond County (Staten Island), Nassau County in Long Island, and Westchester County (the White Plains court).
Resources for New York City Estate Attorneys – If you are a New York City estate attorney who is looking for a specific form or for guidance in representing a client in an estate case, you may be able to find it here. We are also available as co-counsel.
Read our articles (PDF) here: Will Contests in New York: An Overview (PDF) and Three Crucial Steps in New York City Estate Planning.
If you are looking for a New York City estate attorney, contact Albert Gurevich, Esq. Give us a call at (212) 233-1233.
We look forward to securing your estate for generations to come.